Please double-check your Student Application Form prior to submitting it and ensure it includes all of the required information and signatures. Application packages will not be processed until all of the above-listed items have arrived. You will receive a Confirmation Email once your package is complete and ready for review. Note: we recommend you print and keep a copy of your application form for your own records.
: processing of application. Applicants will receive an email acknowledging the completed processing of their application package. Successful applicants will be asked to do the following:
- pay all remaining fees
- confirm passport validity beyond the length of the study period
Once the applicant’s fees have been paid, an official Letter of Acceptance will be issued along with a notarized Custodianship Agreement letter (if required).
: processing of visa. Upon receipt of the Letter of Acceptance and Custodianship Agreement, immediately do the following:
Important: the Selkirk International Student Program and the staff of School District No. 6 have no influence over the visa application process. Please direct all enquiries regarding your visa status to the CIC office to which you applied.
- contact the nearest Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office via mail, telephone, fax or email to request a Visa Application Form for a Study Permit. Apply as quickly as possible; processing can take as long as eight weeks.
- complete the form and submit it along with the Letter of Acceptance and Custodianship Agreement (if applicable).
- wait to receive a Study Permit from CIC.
: confirmation of participation. Upon issuance of your Study Permit, contact us by phone, fax or email to confirm your visa approval and do the following:
- notify the Homestay Coordinator of your flight details and arrival time
- download a copy of the International Student Handbook and Homestay Guide*
- get ready for an amazing study abroad experience!
*The International Student Handbook and Homestay Guide has useful information on preparing for your study abroad experience in the School District No. 6 (Rocky Mountain) International Student Program. Please ensure you read it prior to packing. It can be downloaded below.