Activities, Events and Trips
The Rocky Mountain International Student Program sponsors a wide variety of activities, events and trips for participating students. The 2020-21 schedule is confirmed but subject to change. For photos of past activities, events, and trips, please click here. For a printable version of the 2020-21 Experience Schedule, click the link to the right.
SPONSORED (included in program fees)
These events, activities, and trips are sponsored by the Rocky Mountain International Student Program. The schedule is carefully planned to ensure a complete cultural and recreational experience for participating students.
- River rafting
- Welcome trip to Alberta (Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary)
- Canoeing (Vanderhoof and Burns Lake)
- 2 Day Prince George Trip (Vanderhoof and Burns Lake)
- Curling party (Canada's other favourite sport!)
- International Ski/Snowboard Day
- International ski/snowboard day
- Winter camping experience
- Spring trip West Edmonton Mall
- Canoe and/or kayak experience
- Hike and Hot Springs
- Farewell Party
- Rocky Rewards trip to Vancouver (for qualifying students only)
OPTIONAL (additional fees required)
These events, activities, and trips are arranged by the Rocky Mountain International Student Program but they are not included in the basics fees students pay. Additional fees will be required to participate.
- NHL hockey game (Calgary Flames)
Important: optional trips are subject to minimum enrollment requirements and may be postponed or cancelled if student numbers are insufficient.
- NLL lacrosse game in Calgary